Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Patient Teacher

I spotted an interesting want ad in the classifieds today.

"Piano for leisure by qualified, experienced, patient teacher."

Brought out a giggle and some horrific memories of when I was learning how to play the piano. I had a really impatient teacher for about 4 years. Once a week, I'd dread going to piano class, which lasted 45 minutes because I knew I was going to get shouted at. Week after week after week! Mind you, she was an excellent teacher, unmarried and in her 40s. But she had no patience with me and did most of her shouting while teaching. Maybe I was just a difficult student, plus I wasn't really into the excelling in piano playing thing. But thanks to her, I managed to get merits in all my exams while under her tutelage.

No comments:

Post a Comment