Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Junk Food Blog : Seaweed Tapioca Chips

I love tapioca chips. Growing up in Malaysia, we used to have that as an alternative to potato chips, mainly because potato chips were so expensive!

I remember at one point in time I was eating sweet chili dipped tapioca chips by the truckloads and only stopped because I developed an allergic reaction to it. During the night, and only during the night, there would be wormy looking rashes on my legs and arms. Freaked me out, them alien looking rashes... It was later deduced that I was allergic to the reaction of the sun against my Coppertone slathered skin (as it was around the time I took up playing tennis full-time), so I went back to eating the sweet chili dipped tapioca chips, but in moderation.

Anyways, while walking around the basement of the OUB Plaza in Raffles Place this evening, I chanced upon this little cart-stall selling all sorts of alternative flavoured tidbits, mostly baked fish crackers and a couple of variations of the tapioca chips. There are even samples for you to try. And it's pretty affordable, S$10 for 3 packets of approx 250gms each. I think they import these yummy stuff from Thailand.

These particular chips are slightly salted and you can't really taste the seaweed, as in, it's not drowning in seaweed flavour, which is what I like. Yummy...

Seaweed Tapioca Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment