Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Food Blog : Pho Hoa

Suntec City, one of the bigger shopping malls in Singapore which also has convention halls, has had many occupants come and go. I guess it's with all shopping malls all over the world, if you don't have something unique, you're more than likely to close shop.

While waiting for the hubs to finish work and have dinner with me, I wandered around the third floor of the mid section of the mall. It's hardly a place I frequent and somewhere I guess a lot of people don't either as it's usually parents and little kids who will wander up there. Toys 'R' Us, kid clothes, kiddy ergonomic chairs are among the shops located there. So it was to my surprise that I found a few little restaurants setting up shop.

We finally ventured into the Vietnamese restaurant and I can predict that it's not going to survive for long. The hubs tried the soupy noodles with everything (tripe, tendon, beef balls, sliced beef) but couldn't find any tendon and not a lot of tripe. The soup was common tasting, nothing special about it. I had the vermicelli with spring roll and grilled beef. The sauce was too sour, the beef tasted like satay and the spring rolls tasted Chinese. As our entree we tried their cold roll. I can probably wrap better than what we had. Not only was it not tightly wrapped it was opened at both ends. Not a place I would recommend if you wanted to get authentic Vietnamese food.

Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Beef and Spring Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment