Friday, August 27, 2010

Food Blog : Market Street Nasi Lemak

There are only so many places you can go to when you're looking for a cheap lunch in the Raffles Place area. Today it took me to the Golden Shoe Food Center and I decided to try the ones located on the 2nd floor. I'm usually eating on the 3rd floor. Browsing through the 'alleys', I stopped by the Market Street Nasi Lemak stall. The fragrant rice was calling me...

As with the culture here, you can tell if a particular stall serves yummy food. It's always the one with the long, long queue and this was no different. One guy to take your order and collect the money, one guy to serve up the food, one lady to cook and another guy to prepare the raw food. Cosy little operation.

Probably the cheapest lunch you can find in this area, this Nasi Lemak which comes with a piece of drumstick (thoroughly cooked, no raw red bits) or chicken wing, a piece of deep fried fish (Ikan Kuning), a thin slice of scrambled egg (or sunny side up), some fried anchovies with peanuts and a slice of fried fish paste or otah all for only S$2.50!!! The rice itself was a little green in colour, I'm guessing from the pandan flavouring and nicely coconut-ty. The food was gone too fast for me to take a picture. To top it off, I got a soya bean drink with some grass jelly for S$0.80. A lunch at a total of S$3.30, my cheapest lunch yet!

Market Street Nasi Lemak

No comments:

Post a Comment