Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Food Blog : Seafood Yee Meen

I miss my Kung Fu Chow Yee Meen (Cantonese fried Yee Meen) from Paramount Garden, Petaling Jaya.

Malaysian food would be one of the few things I miss while living in Singapore and because it's so close to Malaysia, I keep hoping that someone from my 'village' decided to travel down to Singapore and set up a food stall. Because of this, the search for the perfect Kung Fu Chow Yee Meen (KFCYM) has always been at the back of my mind, especially when I walk by a food stall that freshly cooks their dishes.

Sometime last week, I decided to venture into the Golden Shoe Market. It's about the cheapest place you could go to in Raffles Place for food... some shops still have $3 plates/bowls of rice/noodles. As per usual, there are the various stalls with queues, some without. The ones with the queue are usually the ones with one specialty, for example Fish Soup Noodles or Nasi Lemak. I decided to join the queue for this stall which cooks mostly Hor Fun dishes because I saw that they have the correct Yee Meen, which should not be confused with Sang Meen (egg noodles).

The dish came out yummy, for S$3.50, which is pretty good. The sauce was freshly wok fried and not fished out of a pot that's on 'keep warm'. Needs more seafood, but I can't complain for the price.

The humble Seafood Yee Meen
Poh Kee Kitchen, Noodles & Rice
Golden Shoe Market Level 3

No comments:

Post a Comment