Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Lost Symbol

Dan Brown has a new book out "The Lost Symbol". It's probably not new-new, but I just read it, in two days. Long-winded and I think his writing has evolved. I remember loving "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" but this one was longgggg (read draggy). Maybe I wasn't in the mood to read the genre.

The book is set entirely in Washington DC, spans about 8 hours, plays a lot with what perceptions can do, nothing is impossible, Freemasons and Christianity. I have to admit that I skimmed through a lot of the explanations, but I got the gist of it. The only exciting thing was the twist near the end. And then it got boring again.

So what is the lost symbol? That's not the twist but the way it was revealed made it really anti-climatic. You're going to have to read the book to find out what it is, or wait for the movie. I hear Tom Hanks is coming back to play Robert Langdon in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment