Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup Finals ~ Part 2

I can't believe it's over... finally. Has it really been a month? There have been times when the hype wasn't there. I'm sure it picked up towards the end. All the big mess ups, teams stated to enter the finals never making it to the final 8, boys running around the field chasing a soccer ball.

Grant that I haven't watched a game this past month, I tried staying up this morning (the game was at 0230hrs) but only managed to for the first 45 minutes of the game. All I saw was boys kicking boys. It's not about the ball anymore, it's all about crashing into each other, getting yellow cards (which looks like a warning card to not do that again or you'll be kicked off the field) and making sure that the ball stays in the middle of the field. The goalies looked rather nervous, not wanting to let a ball through. Of course, if they did, their heads would be on the chopping board, similar to those of the coaches whose team didn't make it to the final 8.

Anyways, the game. It was a rather vicious but boring 45 minutes. I found out later from the hubs that the game went into a further 30 minutes after the 90 minutes as neither of the teams had scored. The final goal from Spain came 4 minutes before the end of the 30 minutes. What a longgggg game. I'm glad I didn't stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment