Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flash Floods

It was a dark and gloomy day...

I walked into work this morning and the sky was very, very dark, almost as if I've stayed till past 8 in the night, which I didn't, which threw my brain off for a few minutes.

It has been raining, heavy... pelting... visibility 1 meter kind of rain for the past week, causing flash floods in some parts of the island. Most of it surrounding the Orchard area, an area which houses some expensive cars. Underground parking garages kept filling up with water, floating some Porsche's and Lexus'. Does insurance cover this?

I didn't think about it until now but I'm glad that the drainage that covers the underground subway system is the best and in working order, otherwise I'd hate to be stuck in the train, while everywhere around the outside of the train is filling up with rain water *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment