Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gum Drops

When I was a child, blue was my all time favourite colour. I think I used to like all shades of blue, I don't remember having a specific shade of blue that I liked... hmm... maybe I did. I do have a vague memory of Prussian Blue from my box of water paints running out earlier than Vermilion or Ocher, I'm sure.

But when I moved to Australia, my new all time favourite colour became clear summer sky blue. I don't know the 6 alpha-digit specific of the colour, you'll just have to look up at the sky yourself. Now that I've moved to Singapore and don't get to see much blue skies, I've started to take a liking to the colour lilac. A brief stock take of my current stationery will reveal a lot of purple and lilac influences.

Naturally, the progression towards a lilac nail polish ensued. Scouring through nail polish blogs (you don't realise how many there are until you start looking...) pointed me in some direction and I've narrowed the perfect lilac colour to either OPI's Rumple's Wiggin or Revlon's Gum Drops.

Rumple's Wiggin is part of OPI's Shrek collection and the colour is almost the same as Revlon's Gum Drops. The only difference I guess is the formula and price. I have to admit that Gum Drops is an interesting name for a nail polish. Revlon is slowly trying to break into the odd colours of nail polishes. Their new formulas purport to not bubble, be easy to apply and quick to dry. This particular bottle is supposed to smell like gum drops, after it dries. Do you think people will go around smelling their manicure? Manicure sniffing... the new glue sniffing.

Anyways, for the amount of years that I've been painting my finger nails, I still can't get the application to salon perfection. Why is that? Maybe I'll have to practice once a day for a year and hope that my brain will learn... either that or my nails will fall off my fingers and I won't have to worry about manicures ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment