Sunday, January 2, 2011

D7K

I've been itching to buy this since it came out in November... or was it October last year.

I've always been a point and shoot (PnS) camera kind of person for most of my daily pictures, but after playing with the hub's dslr for a week (while I was in Tokyo last year), I was sold. As a camera to bring along while travelling, dslrs are just so much better. There is only so much a PnS can do. Don't tell me it's the person behind the camera, having a steady hand and all that rubbish. Yes, those are important facts, but a PnS cannot give you swoon-erable bokeh.

Being a little sheltered, I only discovered bokeh when I started playing with the 50mm and 105mm lens'. Boy... was I hooked! I started to notice pictures with really, really good bokeh and what you can actually do with it. And when I had finally finished drooling over everyone else's pictures, I sighed to myself and decided that I really needed to get a dslr. At the time, the only worthy camera was the D90 (don't really care for the other brands as the hubs has a Nikon too, interchangeable lenses come in handy), but since there were some announcements that another model of the same size and weight would be coming out, I waited. I didn't want to get the smaller (S size) or bigger models (L and XL sizes) as the smaller one felt like a toy camera in my hands and the hubs already has the bigger one (L size). The M size that the D90 and D7k are sounds about right.

At the moment, I'm still waiting for the price to drop, seeing that I don't have any trips planned in the next month or so. Bringing the camera out on a daily basis just doesn't fit into my bag, however big it is. Hopefully the sellers would realise that people want to spend some money before Chinese New Year (which falls on the 3rd of February this year) and put up some hefty discount. The camera is currently sitting on S$2,100 with the kit lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment