Monday, January 10, 2011

Blue is the colour of my room

I knew there was a reason blue is a favourite colour... next to lilac... But yes, I've always leaned towards blue when there's a colour decision to be made.

Blue is the colour you want to look at when your brain needs to absorb information. Blue is also a soothing and calming colour. And that's apparent in the sky. Don't you look up to the blue blue sky and feel a sense of pleasant calmness? I guess you can also say that about the sea. But sometimes the sea is more green than blue.

Anyways, when we first moved into this house, I got my own bedroom and I knew I wanted to paint it blue and paint it blue I did. I can't remember the exact pantone colour (a shade darker than reflex blue?) but it's a dark bright blue, not navy. Coupled with the yellow lighting, my nights were pretty comfortable. Then I got married and moved into the hub's room, which was painted a whitish green (lucite green?) and the hubs has now made my vacated room into his library cum computer room. I'm glad we didn't repaint the rooms, not that we were going to after we got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment