Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Blog : Aoba

Aoba is known for its Hokkaido Ramen and it was one of the few Ramen places in Singapore where the bowl of soupy noodles reminded me of the Ramen I had while I was in Hokkaido.

Anyways, these days, everything's starting to taste a little too salty for me, plus I wasn't feeling like a bowl of noodles yesterday, so I ordered a bowl of Cha Su on rice instead. Didn't have much expectations but the Cha Su turned out to be extremely yummy! The Cha Su serving was generous, the pork itself moist and tender and a little salty on its own but with rice... mmm... Mind you, I also ordered a plate of squid tempura (whcih wasn't very nice), a plate of pan fried gyoza (which was yummy, served with vinegar) and a plate of yakitori asparagus wrapped with bacon.

It was too much food so we had to doggie bag some of it and I had porridge tonight. The Cha Su really, really goes well with porridge. I wonder if I'll be able to just doggie bag the pork bits, come back and have it with porridge the next time!

Cha Su Don

1 comment:

  1. Love your food blogs woman. So hungry just reading and/or looking at them. DROOLING.

    ReplyDelete