Sunday, January 3, 2010

Annyonghaseyo!

173 is my newest favourite channel on cable telly now. It's the number for KBS World. In case you didn't know what that would be, it's the channel for Korean dramas, primarily. The best part about this channel is, for instance what it has on its line up today, four episodes of the drama in a row. They are currently showing Full House. I think the actors are adorable, making their characters adorable too!

I started watching Korean dramas about 6 months ago, after not being able to find anymore interesting Hong Kong dramas. You could say that I'm still new to this. I am however surprised that I am interested in learning the language, as difficult as it may sound. Prior to this, South Korea was never on my list of countries to visit, but I'm beginning to change my view about it.

I am also starting to pick the language up, recognising certain words and sometimes questioning the English subtitles. People tell me that it's possible to pick a language up if you expose yourself to it for long periods of time. Each drama is usually about 16 episodes long and each episode is about 72 minutes long. Do you think you'll be able to understand the language after watching 20 dramas? *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment