Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Photo Blog : Newspaper pile

Our pile of newspaper is almost as tall as us!

I remember when I was young, there used to be a recycling person who'll come by the house to collect our old newspapers for a couple of dollars. The "karung guni" person we called them. He'd have a special horn and a loudspeaker, the truck moving at 5km/h on the narrow roads of the various housing estate. Vague memories of my growing up years in the 80s in Malaysia.

Presently, I've been noticing a few by-the-roadside-makeshift-stalls appearing in and around the neighbourhood for the purpose of recycling paper, boxes, bottles and cans. We haven't gone to use them, being just too lazy to transport them. So what the hubs does is to tie these newspapers neatly into piles of about 1 foot high and place them near the bin. The cleaner lady has a trolley and I guess she'll be earning a little extra every few months from us.

Newspaper pile

No comments:

Post a Comment