Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Food Blog : Nantsuttei

It has been a while since Parco (a Japanese emporium) was closed down here in Singapore. So when I heard it opened again in Millenia Walk, I wanted to check out their household department in the hopes of finding more Japanese ceramics.

I was a little disappointed in the fact that it's not so much the same emporium as it was before, instead its current concept is "open", where a few different brands have small shop lots within the store.

Anyways, located on the third floor are a number of Japanese restaurants; Italian, ramen with shrimp base soup, japanese steaks and this ramen shop. Usually, whenever there's a queue or a number of people within a restaurant where all other restaurants next to it is empty, you'd gather that the food must be good. All the other restaurants had a couple or no customers and I was glad we ended up having dinner in Nantsuttei.

A ramen shop with what looks like authentic Japanese chefs behind the counter cooking the ramen. There are only 6 choices of ramen and they even have instructions on how to eat ramen. I guess educating foreigners or trying to get them to eat ramen the way it was meant to be eaten such that they'll enjoy the dish to the max, is great!

The soup base (primarily made with pork bones) was YUMMY! The hubs and I actually licked our bowls clean! It didn't make us bloated at the end of the meal even when the soup was thick in flavour. No floating finely diced garlic, always a good thing. The ramen itself was slurpable and still crunchy till the last bite. We also ordered a serve of gyozas, but they weren't all that interesting.

A two :thumbsup: for this place for its yummy ramen and soup and we'll definitely be back!

As an opening special (I think) they were giving out vouchers for a scoop of gelati from a gelati counter (Galta) located within the emporium on the first floor. Needless to say, I'm also glad I queued up to get my free scoop of gelati. Hazelnut in flavour and it wasn't icy, but more milky than normal gelati. Brings back great memories from my gelati eating days in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment