Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lost in Translation

Daiso is a Y100 shop from Japan that sells all sorts of things. Everything in the shop is priced at Y100. Over here it's S$2. They stock plates (ceramic and plastic), cups, stationery, paper, bathroom accessories, sewing, kitchen, gardening, sweets, basically anything and everything! And it's all at S$2 a piece. Some of the things are not worth S$2, as in you could find them for cheaper elsewhere. I guess this is one way for them to make money.

Anyways, most of the products are imports from Japan, so some translation is needed especially for instructions on how to use certain things. And as some translations go, they don't usually make sense.

I was looking for these protectors and in the midst of everything, the hubs found it. The picture below is what appears at the back, look at the last line! I'm not sure what seats have to do with these, but it cracks me up every time I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment