Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food Blog : Equinox

The hubs made a reservation for dinner here, a pleasant surprise. It was a little last minute for him as he only did it yesterday, but with today being a Tuesday, we managed to get a table by the window (at a surcharge of S$20). Not surprisingly, we weren't the only ones in the restaurant, the area where the bay windows are located were full.

The Equinox is a restaurant located on the 70th floor of the Fairmont Singapore hotel with spectacular and unobstructed views of the central business district and upcoming Marina Bay area. Today's sky was just lovely, a little cloudy, bringing out the gorgeous colours of sunset. The only gripe is because their windows are floor to ceiling (where their ceiling is 3 storeys high), the night skyline was disturbed by the reflection of the interior lights.


As for dinner, a simple menu which I'm sure they change with the season as I don't remember the same selection when we were here last (about 2 years ago). Skipping the degustation menu (as I didn't fancy half the dishes) we ended up with an entree, a main and for me a dessert, accompanied with a glass of white wine.

The crustacean bisque with coconut froth, seafood ravioli and a piece of fresh lobster meat was light, slightly on the watery side, but very flavourful. Portion wise was surprisingly just nice, didn't make me crave for more after... Freshly baked bread kept coming and I think that probably filled me up. Yummy was the mushroom ciabatta.


For my main, I had the Angus beef tenderloins, which were done medium and I only expected a piece and was pleasantly surprised with the serving of a couple! The cylindrical looking piece on top is a piece of fried marrow, which tasted a little strange to me, as in it was like eating fried fat. I didn't know that it was marrow until about halfway through the meal when I remembered the description and quickly passed the rest to the hubs!


Dessert was a plate of Hibiscus sorbet with lime cheese cake separating the sorbet and apple puree. The apple puree was a little on the sour side but the lime cheese cake and sorbet were yummy. Hibiscus done this side of the world is not that bad. Tasted a little like eating the flower, not that I have tried, but if I did, it would be what I imagine a fresh flower tasted like, but I think I still prefer the Okinawa version.


Overall, a very yummy dinner. Would be going back for special occasions, especially when the sky's gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment