Thursday, June 17, 2010

Food Blog : Ja Jiang Mien

After watching a few Korean dramas, I wanted to try a local dish called Ja Jiang mien. It's basically fried pork and onions in a black bean sauce with rice noodles. With Singapore being a super multicultural city, you would expect to be able to find a restaurant that serves it and today I found one.

There's a tiny restaurant near the office which serves Korean Chinese food and after hearing the owner speak Korean and checking that 80% of the patrons are Korean, one would surmise that the food is pretty authentic. Ja Jiang mien is quite yummy. I liked the noodles which reminded me of the green bean noodles which was served in the vietnamese restaurants in Adelaide.

I will go back again for another fix, can't do it too often as a bowl is S$12 and there's tax to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment