Thursday, June 3, 2010

Food Blog : Viet Express

Never having been to Vietnam, always going back to Australia to get my Vietnamese noodles fix, I was pleasantly surprised to find this hidden gem just a 10 minutes walk from the office.

Located in China Square Central near the central business district of Raffles Place, Viet Express has been bustling during lunch hours. The first time I dined there, I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised to find Vietnamese wait staff. It's always good to hire locals who know the dishes.

Today I ordered the same dish as I did the last time (couldn't get enough of it the last time, and I don't think I'll ever get enough of it) the Rice Vermicelli with pork balls and net spring rolls. This dish comes cold and dry, with plenty of vegetables (beansprouts, cucumber, lettuce, carrot and radish), upon which you'll empty a sauce bowl of sweet-ish spicy fish sauce all over it. Mix it all evenly and dig in! Couldn't lick the bowl clean today as I was eating with a couple of friends *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment