Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Web content loading

Being the sister of a mildly brilliant younger brother who could program the pointer in a computer to do interesting things has it advantages. I was always delightfully amused when he showed me something new that the pointer could do like leave a trail of pointers while moving or making it do interesting things while a web page was being loaded.

Anyways, that was EONS ago, as in possibly 15 years ago. These days, nothing amuses me anymore. Yes, it might be awfully difficult to program (I'm guessing that it is as I don't know how to do it, and everything that I don't know how to do, is difficult) and no one's come up with anything new that the pointer can do.

So, it was with a warm chuckle that I happen to come across a site today that amused me with its web content loading icon. Instead of making the hourglass turn round and round or lights blink in circular movement it showed a list of things you should have done before you die and ticked them off.

Among the list:
Mistakenly used a bidet
Bathe in spicy tomato
Churn for mermaids in the Baltic
Split your Ledenhosen
Forget to wear clothes
Use apres ski in a sentence

You'll just have to try it out for yourself at www.raileurope.com. Make sure it goes to the Europe site.

No comments:

Post a Comment