Monday, September 13, 2010

Food Blog : Red Bean Mooncake

I've already purchased my mooncake this year, but wasn't too happy with it. Maybe it was just too sweet, after having about half of it in one sitting. So while walking around Vivo City waiting for the hubs to have dinner, I decided to give the Tang's-sponsored-mooncake-selling-area a walk around. Every year, they invite bakeries and hotels to take up a booth and sell their mooncakes for a discount.

I wasn't looking for the lotus paste ones again, since I already have that, and neither was I into the snow skin ones. These days the snow skinned ones come with Chempedak, Durian and Yam flavours. Eurghhh... Anyways, I went around trying anyone who baked a red bean filled one. While growing up in Malaysia, we seem to always buy that for this lantern festival and not so much the lotus paste. Maybe because it wasn't as sweet. And I think for me, it was probably because there's no egg yolk in it.

After a few tiny bite sized pieces, I finally settled on this one stall. All the others were either too sweet or the biscuit part was too dry or the colour was not right (it has to be black and not actually reddish). And surprise, surprise, the stall that I bought from is actually a bakery from Malaysia. It's not the ultimate best out there, but here in Singapore, it is.

Red Bean Moon Cake from Seasons

No comments:

Post a Comment