Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food Blog : Fried Rice

I almost typed 'Flied Lice' because for some odd reason, I keep thinking of it that way. And it's not even from living here in Singapore. I think I got it from the pronunciation of Chinese women selling fried rice in Australia.

The Market Street Food Center, located above at the Golden Shoe car park at Raffles Place still holds many secret gems. Take this particular stall for instance. One dude. One dude to cook, collect money and take orders. Amazing profit I hear you say. Well, yes, I'm curious as to the rental charges of a unit in that hawker center. So fried rice. Easy to cook, isn't it? And from watching him cook, you would think so too, but how come I'm not able to recreate the same dish at home? It's soooo simple. First, messily fry the beaten egg. Then add rice and voila, egg fried rice. You can choose to add prawns, anchovies or barbeque pork and you can also choose to have it with sambal. The dude is generous with his rice too! It's probably one and a half rice bowls a plate at $3.50. An additional 50c for a sunny side up egg.

Egg Fried Rice with Prawns

No comments:

Post a Comment