Friday, March 5, 2010

Fried Wonton Noodles

I had the weirdest albeit surprisingly yummy lunch today. After running an errand at Jurong Point, I settled on having some noodles for lunch. I usually don't like Char Siew (which is a heavily marinated grilled pork loins dish) because not all places know how to marinate it well enough that there's no pork taste to it and it has to have bits of fat and tendon within the meat, and not just be a dry piece of meat.

Anyways, I didn't think that it would be yummy, after purchasing it, so there was no picture taken, but I will take a picture and post it the next time I have it. The Char Siew wasn't dry and I kept wondering why there wasn't a pork taste to it. Halfway through the meal, it dawns on me. I bought this from a food court where every store is halal. The meat I was tasting was chicken. It was marinated to look like "Char Siew" plus it was chicken thigh. That's why it was so yummy. The fried wonton was made of minced chicken and it had crispy water chestnut in it too. *yum*

A twist to the original Fried Wonton Noodles. Two :thumbs up:!

No comments:

Post a Comment