Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Data Enty Clerks

I had the strangest brush with immigration early this morning, while coming back home from our Lunar New Year festivities in Malaysia.

Apparently the passport which I've been using for the past seven years, while living here with residency status, suddenly doesn't match the number that's in the system. Hmm... did I have any problems coming out of the country? No... no one stopped me from leaving the country. So what happened? Because on top of it not being a new passport, I have forty pages of the various country's, which I've visited over the years, immigration stamps in it. I don't know... it totally didn't make any sense, especially at three in the morning.

So we chugged over to the office and a kind officer straightened everything out. I won't have anymore problems leaving and coming into the country again. That's good to know. I was told that the system was updated over the long weekend and I guess someone typed in one wrong number.

No comments:

Post a Comment