Monday, June 20, 2011

Prasarana

New Malay word for today : Prasarana
Which means infrastructure

I would have thought that infrastructure would be infrastruksi or something to that effect, but there's actually a proper Malay word for it. I can't believe how bad my vocabulary has gotten. But then again, I don't remember hearing this word while I was studying in Malaysia.

Anyways, I decided to try to translate an article, which was written in Indonesian (which is quite close to Malay) today and it took me ages, because on top of the fact that I cannot literally translate it, I had to look up certain words to get the actual meaning. Just skimming through the article, you kind of get the gist of what it's trying to say, but to actually translate it, it's plenty of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment