Friday, June 3, 2011

Four bars in one night

Last night, we had a little going away drinks for a workmate who has decided to move on to greener pastures. Mind you, this was the first of my 'going away drinks' do and boy was I in for a treat! These dudes' idea of drinks is hopping from one bar to another, checking out the crowd at the same time and moving quickly when nothing's happening. It was a Thursday night, so the crowd was alright, people do come out to party on a Thursday night over here in Singapore.

I realised when I came back in the wee hours of this morning that four bars in one night is all I can take. It wasn't like in Australia where you'd hop from one bar to another and these bars being next to each other or down the road. Here, the bars that we went to were all in different areas about a 5 to 10 minute drive away. Luckily with Singapore being so small and the bars all located around certain areas, it was pretty easy hopping from bar to bar. As I was checking out the none too fantastic crowd, I kept wondering if these people actually have work to do, or if they would be able to function properly having had 3-4 hours of sleep. Maybe it has something to do with age... and I won't even go there *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment