Saturday, June 11, 2011

Food Blog : The Ship

There's a new shopping complex opened called The Nex. It's located in the Serangoon area and above a MRT station. I don't know how we did it, but the hubs and I managed to spend 6 hours here. Could be because I was looking for a cover for my phone, having dropped it the other day and cracked the old cover. I managed to find one, leather, hopefully it will last longer than the 10 months the previous one did *grin*.

Anyways, the shopping complex... huge! There are four floors above ground and two under, but not a lot of different shops as compared to the other dozen of shopping malls littered all over Singapore, but there was a shop called King & King Wong. Catchy, huh? They sell household items in its two storey shop within the mall. Didn't get to walk through the whole shop as I wasn't looking for household items. If you're looking for out of the ordinary glass decorative cupcake stands, interesting jars, vases, glass plates, cutlery or curtains, this would be the place to go.

Right, this is a blog about food. The Ship. I can't believe the restaurant chain is still around. When I was little and living in Malaysia, my family used to go to this restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. It was a treat! And I remember that I always ordered the chicken maryland. It was called that on the menu and it's still called that on the menu! Although there's no bow of a ship sticking out from where the restaurant is, they try their best with the interior, the hubs mentioned that it smelled like a boat... probably dipped the ropes in kerosine or something...

So halfway through the meal, I start to think... was it ever this many things on the plate? There's a bit of bacon, some corn, grilled potatoes, broiled carrots, a corn pancake and the breaded chicken itself! That's a lot to eat for a kid, isn't it? Maybe my parents took a lot of the other stuff from our plates... hmm... Anyways, the chicken was nicely done, good portion and I managed to finish the plate up. Was actually wondering what happened to the bread sticks, which weren't served here... I vaguely remember chomping on the bread sticks while waiting for our main meal to come.

Chicken Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment