Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Food Blog : Chendol

When you have nothing else to write about, write about food. Writing about food is always good *grin*

While in search for a good bowl of Chendol here in Singapore, I stumbled upon Grandma's. It's a new restaurant opened in the newly renovated basement of Raffles City. They serve Ipoh, Penang and generally Malaysian cuisine, all with an expensive price tag. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra, if the food is yummy. One day, we're going to have to try their main dishes.

For now, we had tea and ordered the fried chicken wings (which were surprisingly delicious and well cooked and marinated) and Chendol. Another recommendation from me!

Chendol

I LOVE the pot of thick Gula Melaka which they served on the side for you to decide how sweet you want the dish to be. The green bits were ok, a little too green and hard, and the red beans were the kind that I like, not the big beans. The only thing is, what's with the atap seeds? I don't remember it being served in Malaysia, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment