Monday, November 1, 2010

Food Blog : New York New York

This particular chain has been around for a few years, but before this year, the hubs and I never stepped into it. I don't know why... could be the deco (it's done out American style, pool table, license plates and everything else that screams hard rock cafe?) or that the menu looked messy.

But sometime this year we ventured in and was pleasantly surprised that their dishes are not too bad... depending on which branch you go to. We're usually in the Jurong Point one. Tried the West Coast one, was sorely disappointed.

So far, we've tried the entree platter, spaghetti vongole baked in parchment paper, the chicken flat sandwiches and cappuccino mushroom soup. I'm sure there are others, but I can't for the life of me remember.

So, here's one of their famous dishes... Deep-fried chicken thigh coated with bread crumbs topped with sliced mushrooms and melted mozzarella cheese (I can't remember what they call it but the Australian in me is screaming chicken parmigiana) *yummy yum yum* The chicken is not over-fried and the cheese keeps it warm! I ended up lapping the plate. Can't have this entire dish if I ordered the soup too *grin*

Chicken Parmigiana with mushroom and melted cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment